Sunday, January 13, 2013

Blessings Abound

My goal is to make this blog post a whole lot more cheerful than the previous one. 

It's been so nice to be done withs school! I cannot describe the free feeling that I have to not worry about having to be on time to classes or volleyball meetings. Volleyball was a huge part of my life and it will always be what I love; I'm going to miss it the most. Over time I have realized that it's the relationships that you make with people that last the longest and are the most special to you. Thank goodness for the amazing girls that I was able to compete with and become best friends with. I am thankful every day for the blessing of being able to compete for BYU. It has changed my life for good. 

Over the break I was the laziest person ever. Literally. I tried working out but I couldn't muster the motivation. I wanted to run outside but it was a frozen tundra in Eastern Idaho and I wasn't about to brave that and risk getting sick. Being home was awesome and I loved seeing my family. They are so wonderful and I love to be with them. Christmas was fantastic and there was lots of fun new stuff to play with or wear Christmas morning. I felt like something was missing and I know it's Cory! He comes home from his mission on March 2 and I can't wait to see him again. We got to call him on Christmas Eve (which was Christmas day in Korea) and he sounds amazing. He's the coolest kid and I looked up to him so much, for being my baby brother (even though he may or may not be taller than me!). My family is so blessed to have him serving the Lord in Korea. 

My roommates and I were able to escape the cold for a little while and spend New Years Eve in Vegas. It was so fun to go out on the strip with friends and have a good time! We also head even more south to Arizona to see some good friend's wedding; Stephanie Snow and Kevin Steed. I love weddings. They are so full of happiness and promise of the future. 

For being done with school, I have been pretty busy with other things to keep me occupied after I came home from the break. I had to look for a job, finish applying for a post-graduate scholarship, study for and take the GRE, and work on applications for PA school. I guess I've definitely grown up now. Searching for jobs can be stressful. But I was blessed again to become hired at Central Utah Surgical Center as a CNA and recovery aide nurse's assistant. My job is awesome and it's exactly what I was looking for--now, hopefully, I can pick up some more hours. I already had my first day and it couldn't have been better! 

The old volleyball club that I worked for has combined with a few other and become Aces Athletics. They have a new facility being built in Lehi. It's legit and I cannot wait to have practice in there on my own court! I'm coaching a 17's team and assisting and elite 18's team. 

Be thankful for eternal families. Be thankful for the gospel. Be thankful for friends. Be thankful for work. These are my blessings that abound. 

No comments:

Post a Comment