Thursday, July 7, 2011

New Directions

I have to help spread the word, if I can ever more than I have already have, about our new head coach for the BYU Women's Volleyball team! I am so excited for Shawn Olmstead to be our new leader! He is so worthy and just an amazing all around guy, not to mention that he knows a LOT about volleyball! There are things that happen in life and I know that Shawn was the one that helped me most on my path to BYU. He was the assistant coach at Utah State when I was being recruited there. And when he got the job at BYU, it only made sense to take the opportunity! I'm so happy that I did! Looking back I know that it was inspired and I am where I am supposed to be! I have met amazing people and friends [and boyfriend] that I will love and admire forever! But back to our coach-- this has to be the best news of the summer! The assistant is Emillie Toone, a former middle blocker from the U. We've converted her to the Y somehow! I'm so excited to learn all that I can from her!

Also, here's a sneak peak at our new poster for the team! It was sick to do this photo shoot! (i only wish they had edited the 'wings' in my hair by the ear--the light makes it look worse than it is!)

No comments:

Post a Comment