Sunday, June 26, 2011

Boredom is Productive

This week has been one of the longest ever! It has literally lasted forever! I can't remember all the things I have done, but some include taking my state CNA exam, a BBQ, boating trip to Utah Lake with my teammates, and a bridal shower! It's been lots of fun. But for the most part there's been nothing planned and so I can get really bored easily. It's a good thing Kat and I found ways to keep ourselves entertained. On Tuesday night we moved our furniture downstairs because we were tired of living in the heat of our apartment upstairs. It was actually a good idea and it's way more comfortable now! On Wednesday we decided to tackle our gross kitchen and deep cleaned everything including the cupboards, the stove top and the fridge! You don't want to know what was in the fridge. We did all that in the morning when it wasn't too hot yet to be upstairs.

On Thursday we went boating with Jessica Jardine from our team. Her family has a nice boat and we went to Utah lake to enjoy! It was so much fun! I was the first to go out and decided to slalom ski. I was so surprised that I pulled out on my first try! I think it's because my arms are so strong from weights.
 Kat LeChaminant, Hannah Robison, Kendalyn Hartsock, Me, Jessica Jardine.


We blew up the tubes after everyone had skied or wake boarded and had SO MUCH FUN getting tossed around on the giant 3 seater tube!
 Jessica was tossed into the air, and yes, she landed on me!
Kat, Kendalyn, and Hannah caught some good air!


On Friday I found the motivation again to deep clean my room. I'm pretty sure this cleaning spurt has stemmed from boredom, but it might also be because we never have time to clean. I have wood floors in my room which hide dirt very well and it was good to mop everything and catch all my dust bunnies. That night I threw a bridal shower for Christina Measom, who is getting married in July. It turned out really well and we had a decent turnout! 

Saturday I woke up with the motivation to do some renovation on my house. I had talked with our Landlord, Dan, about doing some painting earlier this week. He said we could as long as it wasn't extreme or dark colors. So Kat and I dug out a color that he had in one of our closets and decided to go to Home Depot for supplies at around 11:30. Dan surprised us and met us there and just bought all of the equipment and paint! (we had already picked out the colors for the rooms by then too!) We decided to paint the living room all one neutral creme off-white color and then one large wall in a light sage green. The kitchen was going to be a soft light yellow. Prepping for painting takes up the majority of the time and by the time we were done with getting everything set up it was 3 pm and we were starving. Lunch break and then paint! It started to look so good, but the best part was when we popped open the green paint! It looked so good! In the kitchen we did one full wall in yellow and then under the window a yellow bead-board pattern. We hadn't actually gotten this approved by Dan, and he didn't seem happy about it when he saw it when he came by to check on our progress, but it actually turned out really well! In the end we finished everything at 11pm, almost 12 hours later, and once again we were starving! A quick run to in-n-out and a shower after a paint thinner scrub was the trick to top off the night!

BEFORE


DURING





 So we had this old school ironing board in our kitchen inside a cupboard. We want to eventually turn the cupboard into a spice shelf. But we had to get the ironing board out first. My ingenuity lead me to cranking out my car jack and pushing the walls out so we could get the metal ironing board out! Not bad, huh? 




Kat made a handprint on her shirt every time she had to help me take off the paint roller.
There was so much blue tape! This is maybe half of all the tape we took off the walls after.

AFTER



Looks good, huh? We were super proud of ourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment