Well this week I sent Jourdain some of the best stuff I think a missionary could ever get in the MTC. One of my teammates' husbands works security at the MTC so I was able to use his help in bringing Elder Scoubes his surprises!
First of all, you must know that I've given a lot of thought to what I should give Jourdain on his mission as a sort of reminder of us together--something that would be encouraging for him. So over Christmas break I came up with an idea of making a book of memories that Jourdain and I have together! For a while I had been working in secret on this book. It's basically a small scrapbook; I took pictures of us together and put them in and wrote about my favorite memories of us together. It's actually taken me quite a while to do because I was always with Jourdain and it was always hard to find time to work on it without him seeing! He knew I had a surprise for him, though, and he was ALWAYS asking to see it! Of course I didn't let him, but the week before he left, he asked again, and I caved! I couldn't resist the chance to see his reaction. He absolutely loved it and thought it was the best idea! He couldn't wait 'til he got it in the mail, because I told him he wouldn't get it until he was on his mission--I still wasn't finished yet. So when Jourdain left, he really didn't have a whole lot of pictures of us and he's been begging me to get it finished. I worked so hard on it and got it all done on Monday night so I could give it to him on Tuesday!
Along with the Memory Book, I gave Jourdain his favorite double-double, no tomatoes, with onions, a fry, and a LARGE Dr. Pepper! He is without a doubt the Luckiest Missionary!
And today, after that crazy game Laker v Suns, triple overtime win by 2 points, and Kobe's 42-point season-high score I just couldn't resist and gave dear elder some work by sending off the stats and review. If you know Jourdain very well, he absolutely LOVES the Lakers and Kobe Bryant. Along with the NBA review I sent the sweet 16 NCAA review and commentary about the match-ups so far. Again, Elder Scoubes is SO LUCKY!!!
I know he is probably so happy this week! I just can't wait to hear about it! Saturday better come soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment