25 Random Things about ME!
- I’m 6’2” and I LOVE being tall. It’s awesome! I love tall guys ;) ….but I have to say that girls who are taller intimidate me. I know it’s weird but seriously, until I get to know them better then I don’t like them.
- I frequently have the urge to do handstands! I can’t explain it! But if you have ever seen me do a handstand it’s cuz I just can’t hold it in any longer! I once did a handstand in seminary. I think Brother Taylor thought I was a nutcase after that! Haha
- In my family, movies are a BIG thing. We watch a lot, and very frequently. We have contests between each other (usually just us kids) to see if another person can name a movie line. It’s really entertaining. The best is my older sister, Alex. She’s the reigning queen. My brother Cory is also amazingly talented at it. I have to say I usually lose, but it’s still fun! J
- I was a natural blonde when I was younger. Yes, it’s true. After highlighting my hair for so long I decided to go dark my junior year of high school and it was a hit! Everyone says I look more mature. People who don’t know me from before can’t picture me as a blonde.
- The phrase “Good things take time” hold very true in my life. For one I made the best friends OF MY LIFE my senior year of high school (i.e. Kayla and Lundyn.).
- The other reason “good things take time” is true for college volleyball recruiting. I realize that if I would have signed with the schools that were looking at me earlier in my career I wouldn’t have known my potential to come to an amazing university like BYU and play with the best ;)
- In high school I was legitimately good at basketball. It was my first sport, first love; the sport that raised me. My senior year I was 07-08 pre-season player of the year. I played in the All-Star game and scored 27 points. If you can’t tell, I’m pretty proud of it.
- I’m strangely obsessed with beautiful teeth. Maybe it’s because of the long line of dentistry-related careers in my family, but I ALWAYS notice when someone as straight, white, perfectly shaped teeth.
- You know all those movies that people say are “the best?” well I probably haven’t seen half of them: movies like Happy Gilmore, The Waterboy, Anchorman, Talladega Knights, Semi-Pro, . But I have seen Family Guy and I think it’s the funniest show ever! Some of my favorite movies of mine are Mulan, She’s the Man, Pride & Prejudice, and Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- I know it sounds like the typical Idaho-girl story, but I love snow! Maybe it’s because these Utah winters are so freaken weak, but seriously you can’t beat a snow storm! They are awesome! Especially when school is canceled! …I have to admit, though, that summer is my favorite season.
- I am so slow at getting ready. Ok, not that slow, but I have noticed that I’m always the last person to leave the locker room. It was the same story back in high school too. Just ask my teammates.
- I’m a sucker for guys in suits and ties! They are SO incredibly handsome!
- I used to hate being called Nikki. I think it’s because of a girl I knew when I was younger who was also called Nikki, but I let anyone who calls me that to never do it again. Strangely, my teammates call me Nikki and I don’t mind at all. I actually like it! Weird
- I have met the Prophet, Thomas S. Monson. He sealed my cousin and his wife and later came to the reception that night, where I was privileged to meet him!
- I love music. Without music, my life would be stuck in a doldrum! I listen to my ipod all the time. I have played the piano for over 10 years. I also played the violin for 5 years. By the way, I really can’t sing. That’s why I played instruments. If you want to know how bad it is, ask my sister Alex. She wasn’t afraid to tell me how bad at singing I am. I still love to just belt it in the car, though!
- People always ask how tall my parents are when they see me. My dad is like 6’3” and my mom is 5’11.” I love being tall. Even though I have to buy freaken expensive (yet very hot) jeans, and my shoe size is an 11 (which means I can’t buy from most stores). I still wear heels though! Tall girls should not have to be hindered in fashion because of their height! It’s even better when you have a guy who is still taller than you when you’re wearing heels.
- In school, I am a math and science nerd! I love Biology. I took A.P. in high school and go t a 5. I took Calculus also and got a 4. I’m currently an exercise science major.
- My favorite TV show of all time would have to be Arthur (you know the aardvark that came on after school!). I also love Alias (<3 Jennifer Garner and her disguises), and have recently picked up Heroes.
- I am a very independent person. For the longest time I was very intimidating to lots of people. They didn’t seem to want to be my friend and I could care less. My senior year this all changed when I met some people ;) I am also very confident in myself. Some people may say that I’m cocky. But I don’t think so. (if you have ever done the color code, I am a RED)
- In high school I competed in Jr. Miss. I didn’t really want to do it. My mother wanted me to, and I had friends doing it. It turns out that Jr. Miss was one of the greatest times of my high school career. I also took 4th Runner-Up out of 32 girls.
- My favorite animal has always been a dolphin. Ever since I was little I’ve loved dolphins. I think it’s because of the freedom they enjoy in the water, doing flips, tricks, and turns. I was a water baby, born in California. I have many figurines o f dolphins in my room.
- When parasailing at Lake Powell, once, I landed on the shore. :/ It kind of hurt and really shook me up. The driver didn’t cut the engine on the boat soon enough so I could land in water. I ended up inland by about 30 or so feet. Luckily my cousins help to catch my fall. It’s hard to describe what’s going through you’re head as you’re falling toward the Earth….
- I went bridge jumping summer of 2008 and it was one hell of a ride. I can’t say exactly but it was about 60 feet high and the sun had just set. I went for it, and through instinct pulled my legs up a little before I hit the water. Not a good idea, plus I didn’t know when I was going to hit the water because it was too dark to see it. AND I only knew the general direction I had to swim to in the river. Overall: adrenaline was pumping.
- My favorite temples are the San Diego, Salt Lake, and Rexburg temples. San Diego is by far the most beautiful.
- I’m not afraid of spiders. I’ve had people ask me to come kill them because they were too scared. I think I got used to hobo’s when I was little, living in my old house. The sticky traps we would put out would catch really gnarly ones. I have yet to see/handle tarantulas or anything of that size.
No comments:
Post a Comment