My mom is without a doubt my biggest fan and cheerleader. Before every game when I was in high school or in college she would tell me to "Play big!" I always appreciated the support and encouragement that she gave to me. Maybe at the time I didn't realize how blessed I was to have such fans as my parents. But I always love that she would wish me luck or leave me a voicemail before the game. Sometimes they were hard to listen to, because my mother has a way of making me cry even with voicemails! So I would get choked up hearing her get choked up when she would say "I love you" and "we'll be cheering you on while watching BYUtv!" or reminding me to "blow us a kiss to the camera!" (which i did, frequently, if you ever watched, you will see it!).
I have come to realize more and more as I have become and adult, the hard work and sacrifice my mom makes for her family. It's not easy being a mother, and it's not easy to put up with a child like me. But she does it so well and I know that she loves me no matter what. A mother's love is never-ending. My mom is one of the hardest working people I know. I learned a lot from working alongside her and from watching her daily work ethic. It's an awesome characteristic that I hope that my children can gain and appreciate from me someday, the same way that I have from her.
My mother is incredibly smart and talented. If she doesn't know how to do it already, she knows something that does or she can learn to do just do it herself. She is incredibly self-sufficient that way.
My mother loves me because she is willing to send me floss while I'm 3,000 miles away in France. Don't ask me why I couldn't go buy floss on my own at the store in town. But I asked her for some, and she sent it! Mom would wake up at 6:00am or earlier her time to talk to me on Facetime while I was in Europe. I've never been more lonely and appreciated family that I was able to talk with.
Most of all, I have a Christlike mother who is amazing in my eyes. She has a strong testimony in the Gospel of Jesus Christ and is always telling her Children about her testimony in Jesus Christ and of families and temples. It's an amazing example to me, her church service and dedication in whatever capacity and role she is asked to fill. She has done and can fulfill just about any calling. And that goes along with her amazing work ethic. I know that she dedicates everything she has to The Gospel of Jesus Christ. I couldn't be more proud to call her my Mother.
I know she loves me. She is always reminding me by asking me, "Do you know who loves you?' And of course I tease her and name everyone, including Maggie, who might possibly love me before I tell her that I know she does. Usually it ends up in her tickling me to speed of up the process! But yes mom, I know how loves me. And you area always at the top of the list!
Mom, I hope you know how much I love you, too! Wishing you a Happy Mother's Day from afar!
Greatest fan. Win over Utah 2011.
Mom took care of me after shoulder surgery 2012
Sun Valley 2012
Family reunion 2012
Yes, this is mammasita waterskiing! She's still got it!
Lake Powell 2012
2013
2013
2014

Awe....so kind. Over the top! Love you back!! Thanks for being a wonderful daughter!
ReplyDelete