At the beginning of this past summer, my roommate and I made a bucket
list of things that we wanted to do. We had so many crazy adventures rolling
around in our heads and so we wrote them down. I was able to write some as a
note on my iPhone and I'm proud to say that I accomplished every one of them that I had written and more!
1.
Meteor Shower
At the beginning of the summer, there was a
meteor shower that was happening. I had enough notice about it to round up some
people and go up the canyon and lay under the stars and some warm blankets and
watch the wonderful falls stars millions of light-years away. It was so
beautiful and I wish that I could see that more often.
2.
Foreign country
For those of you who haven't seen my previous post, I would recommend
checking it out. Our team tour of Brazil and Argentina was amazing and I still
dream about it and how much fun it was. I wish I was getting lost in the
streets of Rio de Janeiro. Maybe I'll go back for the 2016 Olympics? Who knows?
3.
Move into new apartment
I actually did this TWICE. It’s a long story, but finally Kat and I are living together and we have the best roommates ever, Camie and Christie. We love them to death and I am only so happy to be living with human beings that I can stand being around and don’t mind sharing things with (*occasionally*).
I actually did this TWICE. It’s a long story, but finally Kat and I are living together and we have the best roommates ever, Camie and Christie. We love them to death and I am only so happy to be living with human beings that I can stand being around and don’t mind sharing things with (*occasionally*).
4.
Rodeo
Rodeos are a summer must-have. They are so much fun and make me miss
Idaho and the wide open spaces of the West. Kathryn had never been to a rodeo
before in her life and I am happy to say that she has been properly introduced.
We went to a couple, actually, including the Lehi Round-Up, pictured
here.
5.
Poolside bum/awesome tan
Isn’t this everyone’s aspirations when
summer comes around? Let’s be honest, I had a really, really nice tan for the
longest time. Every day I was going to the pool to hang out and read a book. It
was so nice. One of my random roomate’s mothers actually commented on it once
when I met her. Apparently her daughter must have been a little jealous of all
the pool time that I was getting because she told her Mom that we go there
everyday!
6.
Sun Valley
This was a little respite with my family.
My Dad goes there for business meetings every year before the tourist season
really picks up. It was fun to go hang out with my Mom and Sister all day and
then go out to eat with Dad when the meetings were over. Little bit of luxury
in my college life is so much needed!
7.
Sunrise Mount Timpanogos Hike
Ok so this has been on my REAL bucket list
for FOREVER! I have always wanted to hike Mount Timpanogos, but I’ve never just
wanted to do it during the day. If you go, you might as well do the night hike
and see the sunrise from the top! And that’s exactly what we did. Started at
1:30 am and got to the top in 4 hours. We waited, while FREEZING at the top,
for the sun to rise. When it finally did, we were so thankful that we could
thaw out our bodies in the sun. The hike down is always so much longer than you
think, especially when you hike it at night because you are seeing everything
in the sunlight for the first time.
8.
Wedding Dancer
Our teammate, Coriann got married this
summer and asked us to put together a dance at her wedding. It was actually a
lot of fun and we did “The Wobble.,” a contemporary, R&B number. Haha
9.
Bookworm
The Host, The Hobbitt, A Bend in
the Road, The Horse and His Boy, The Alchemist. Wish I would have read even
more this summer. I’m just so happy that I wasn’t in school! We weren’t able to
take classes because of the trip to Brazil and Argentina and I was only so
happy to be a poor college student!
10. Rope
Swing in Mona
This is a Utah favorite of mine. Mona is
about 30 minutes south of Provo and there is a small pond with a rope swing
over it. Jourdain and I went to it a few times while he was here, but I haven’t
been back since. So I took some people and it was a lot of fun. We loved it!
11. 5K
I did the Run Through the Lavender 5K in
Mona. It was at the Young Living Lavender farm. My friend, Ashleigh wanted me
to do a race with her. After I saw her run her Marathon a month earlier, I was
really interested in it and I wanted to see how it would be. I actually ended
up doing fairly well and got 6th in my age division!
12. Lake
Powell
This vacation had to be one of the TOP
things I did this summer. It was so awesome to have a family reunion at Lake
Powell and camp on the houseboat, sleep under the stars, shower in the lake,
ride jetskis all day long, go cliff jumping, and hang out with my awesome
family. I love boating and I love camping and the sun. Altogether it was a
great trip!
On our way to hike the Red Caves
Watch out Below, it's a little murky!
I call this cupcake mountain.
Maggie is so spoiled!
I think the kids loved me ;)
Mardon Lamb family
Visiting my Great-Grandfather, Osmer Lamb's, grave
Stuart
Nona and Maggie
Maggie loved riding the jet skis
Rainbow Arch
Grandpa riding the jet skis. He looks so young!
Tube wars!
This crash and burn hurt a little.
Can you see me?
13. Waterskiing
Since my shoulder surgery I have been
trying to get my shoulder back to play volleyball this upcoming season. It has
been difficult and a trial for me, but my goal was to waterski by the end of
the summer. I wasn’t sure I was ready for it in June, but come the end of July,
and at Lake Powell, I wanted to give it a try. So I started with the easy
stuff—just a wakeboard to see how it would be. I got up automatically and I
didn’t have a problem! After I finished that run, I asked for someone to throw
me the slalom ski and I got right up on that as well! It was awesome! Now I
just need to work on my tunnel… Did I mention my parents are baller waterkiiers
too? They are so talented!
14. Beach
Volleyball
This is a given, but it was so much fun to
play outdoor volleyball. Playing 6 on 6 indoor is what I’m better at, but
mixing it up by playing in the sand is always so much fun.
15. Hike
Table Rock
I told my roommate, Kat about this hike
after we did the Timp hike. I really wanted to do it and she was interested so
I said that we should make a trip to Idaho and do it! We had an awesome time
and it was so beautiful! There were millions of wildflowers and the view of the
Tetons when you get to the top is amazing! We brought my dog, Maggie, as well.
She had such a fun time, like a little kid on Christmas, on steroids, and
candy, she was! By the end, though she was so tired and wouldn’t go off the
trail anymore. Poor girl slept the whole way home.
16. Concert
Darius Rucker. That’s all I need to say. It
was such a good concert and I was having a blast. Kat had never been to a
concert before either. It was a smaller venue in Idaho Falls and we were so
close to the stage. I loved every minute!
17. River
rafting
Technically, we didn’t raft, the river. We
just tubed the Provo River for a team activity, but I’m counting this towards
the bucket list because it was so fun with the girls and it was an adventure
too!
18. Fun
Hair Color
I added this one on at the beginning of the
summer because I wanted to do something fun with my hair while Jourdain was
gone. He doesn’t like the colored hair or extensions so I thought this would be
the perfect time for one. But alas, poor students, can’t afford to get their
hair done a lot. So I ended up doing a melt at the beginning of the summer and
it lasted all the way through until I got it done in Idaho. The melt was really
fun and even though it was an extravagant color, I feel that it fits in the
category.
In between all of these fun
activities I was continually busy at watching the Vampire Diaries, Grey’s
Anatomy, and Revenge. In the mornings I worked out and lifted weights and
gained back some muscle weight and some more! Such a good summer. I wouldn't have traded it for anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment