I was taught an important lesson yesterday. I had to read the book "Who Moved My Cheese" and as cheesy as it sounds (you can ignore the pun! hehe) it really touched me. I know that I have insecurities even though, to me, they do not feel like normal insecurities. Everyone is afraid of failure. I'm TERRIFIED of failure. And I'm terrified that people will know me and think of me as a failure. It's really a bad complex and I think it's because I'm a RED on the personality color scheme which means I like control of things and I love to be right when it comes down to it.
The other lesson that I learned was that I need to be more grateful. I had the chance to give the FHE lesson with my family last night and I gave it on being grateful. I'm so grateful for my family that loves me and that I can come home to a beautiful home where I know that I am loved no matter what. That really goes a long way in my book. I am grateful for the blessings that I have been given through BYU. I am thankful for a scholarship and the fact that I have learned so much about life and working hard for something. I am unbelievably grateful for my Savior during this Christmas season. I'm so thankful that we take time out of every year to celebrate his birth. The greatest gift that he has given us is the Atonement and I know that I can become clean--become a new creature in Christ. I know that I am not perfect, but my Savior and my Heavenly Parents will love me anyway. There are so many blessings that I have to be thankful for. I'm just so glad that I had time to spend with my family to number the things we are grateful for.
Put these two together and I'm so grateful for change. Change is the only thing that is constant. I need to love to learn change. It's a cool picture to imagine myself in 5 years where I will be. Because I know things around me can change and I can change with them -- but things like my family, Jourdain, the love of my Savior, and the LDS church will forever be anchors for me.
I love you all and I hope all of you have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!
No comments:
Post a Comment