Monday, March 14, 2011

I miss him

Well, Jourdain has almost been gone a week and it's an understatement to say that I miss him. As soon as he was gone I was missing him and wishing I had more time with him. I know this is all worth it--Jourdain and I agreed that this was the best thing for the both of us right now. Because life together after will be better. I cannot wait til he gets back and I can be with my best friend!

So far I have just been really bored. I spent all my extra time with Jourdain and now he's gone I have nothing to do but study... and that's always SO much fun! ( I hope you are catching my sarcasm)

Who would have thought that I would send another missionary out? If you would have asked me a year ago I would have told you that you were crazy. I had washed my hands of all that missionary stuff. But when I met Jourdain everything changed. I like him so much in the beginning but I told myself that I had to  hold to the standards that I had made for myself--I would not marry a non-return-missionary. That's when I had to tell Jourdain he would have to serve or else neither of us would like the outcome. It seems so long ago, but he took it to heart. I think he knew he needed to go before I even asked him about it. I'm just glad that he was brave enough to go through with it. Jourdain is different than other guys; he does things his own way, and you can't say anything about it. There's really no right or wrong way, if you think about it; serving the Lord when you're 19 is the same as when you're 22. I think that going when you are 22 means a whole lot more because you are leaving behind more, you have a life that's not so much in transition as when you are 19 and just headed to or starting college. I'm so proud of Jourdain's choice to go. I love him so much.

People keep asking me how I'm doing. The only answer I can give you is OK. I'm just ok. I could be better. I cry a lot sometimes when I get reminded about Jourdain and how much I miss him or need him. But like today I was invited to this scholarship athlete dinner later this month. I got the letter at the end of practice as I was walking out of the gym. It said you could bring a date... and that's when I lost it. I started crying and asking myself why did he have to leave??? Good thing Carpe was next to me cuz she knew how I was feeling. I'm so blessed to have such great friends! After all, if it wasn't for them, Jourdain and I would have never met!

If I could ask one thing it would just be to pray for me and Jourdain. Pray that I don't go out of my mind, missing him and being bored, and pray for Jourdain because he's on a mission to bring the World it's Truth. ... oh and if you are doing something on a friday or saturday night call me because I will be at home watching Netflix.


Here are some pictures for you all!
Jourdain and I right before he got set apart.
After getting set apart. ELDER SCOUBES!!!
notice we are NOT TOUCHING!
we are NOT TOUCHING! again
yep, I miss that kid!

1 comment:

  1. atta girl nik...before you know it he'll be back, you'll get married, and then you'll have a little baby nicole in your arms.... ! Keep the faith. You'll make it. :) love you!

    ReplyDelete