not like this...
like this!
Also on the intramural scoreboard is Jourdain and Parker as they team up for leagues at BYU and UVU. Here's some cool pix
I've been giving Jourdain snowboarding lessons. His first time strapped in was a new experience for him! He got really frustrated last time. But we went again last saturday and he did so much better! I'm so proud of him! He can turn both directions now and start and stop without falling! Yay!!!!
Ok, so here's the really interesting part of last weekend. My roommate, Amanda, is one of a kind. And she had a surprise for me on Saturday morning. I woke up, groggy as ever, and she told me to come downstairs and see her CHICKEN! Yes, she had a chicken! inside, making weird noises, and pecking at some oatmeal! I was speechless! Hahaaa! She had gotten it on a dare to show her coach! Of course, she won!
Amanda affectionately named the chicken Gary!
On the lower side of the weekend I got an MRI on my left foot. It's been giving me pain for a while, even before the break. So finally we decided it was serious enough that we needed to get a better look at my 5th metatarsal. Friday I went to the imaging center and they gave me some scrubs and set me in the huge, loud, MRI machine. It takes about a half an hour. Good thing they gave me earplugs because it was SO loud!
I didn't get my results back til monday and what they told me was my bones were swollen, which isn't normal AT ALL! and basically that all meant that it was a stress reaction. NOT a stress fracture. If I kept playing on my foot it would turn into a stress fracture, but luckily, it's not. So my sentence is to serve my time in a boot. I'm not sure how long it will last because nobody is sure how long it takes a stress fracture to heal. I just want to be back in the gym to practice as soon as possible! Watching practice might be the death of me! I want to be out there so bad! And this boot is not so savvy for the cold and snow. :( boo!


No comments:
Post a Comment