I walked along the Odet river. It's the main stream here in Quimper. Although, it's not really what you would call a river. It's more of like a channel to the Ocean that rises and recedes with the tide. The pictures are of my walking tour.
This two are just houses that I saw on the walk that I thought were beautiful. Homes here are very elegant for the most part. They have their own kind of beauty altogether.
The Odet river with sailboat. You can see the Cathedral Saint-Corentin in the background.
You go, Great Britain!
This is in the Jardin Magnifique. I'm sure it was more beautiful during the summer season, but I still thought it was pretty for the fall.
The only flowers in the whole garden...
A small cathedral in Quimper
The back view.
View from across the river.
The title mentioned a pleasant surprise. It was very unexpected, but as I was sitting on a bench across from the Cathedral pictured above, I heard some people speaking English and I figured they were tourists so I went up and talked with them. They are one of the coolest people that I've met here in Quimper; American, Red Sox fans from Boston and Cape Cod. In the picture is Paul, Constance, and Pat. They were so fun to talk with and walk with! They shared some advice with me about being here in Quimper, being true to my American pride, and some places I still need to visit here. We also shared our affinity of things that we miss from the USA--they have been touring France for over a month now, and we all agreed that Peanut Butter is sorely missed! We laughed at French culture, fashion, food, and other things. One of the first things I noticed about Paul and Pat were their baseball caps. Totally American. Especially Pat's Red Sox hat! They figured that's how I knew they were American. And told me to bust out my baseball caps. I haven't been wearing them enough for sure, and maybe if I did I would attract more Americans to talk with like, they did me. Such amazing people. I just wish I could have spent the day touring with them. They are so cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment