Wednesday, July 27, 2011

six more weeks of winter

It's late. I can't sleep. All I can think about is Volleyball. Volleyball and my family; which I love most in this life. So maybe it will help to write about everything.

I saw Dr. Faux this week about my foot. He's a really great doctor and I trust him. After waiting 30 minutes past my appointment time I finally got to see him. I had my scooter with me. The truth--my foot sometime aches a little. I'm still not sure if it's because it's healing, like 'growing pains' or something. I told him that and so he gave me a 6 week comeback program. 2 weeks of biking, swimming, and elliptical; 2 weeks of squats, cleans, and calf raises; 2 weeks of sprinting, lateral movement, and lunges (which have bothered my foot in the past). No competition between now and then. It was a relief to be told I don't have to ride that &@#! scooter anymore. But it was hard to hear about the 6 more weeks until i can play. Let me be honest and say that I cried my whole way home from Payson. I saw my coach, as soon as I got back, and of course told him how upset I was. He was understanding and told me what I needed to hear. Our season, double days, starts August 8. Even though double days suck and are so hard on your body physically, I wish I could do it with my team. I would give anything. I will not be playing in our first two tournaments. But my goal is to be back by our tournament in Kansas and for conference.

You would think that a stress reaction in a bone should be minor. There's nothing minor about 8 months. Or the time I've spent sitting out and not playing the sport I love. I've been asking myself what I'm supposed to learn from this injury. I'm not sure I've figured it out yet. I know I haven't figured it out. Because if I had, I wouldn't be asking God every night what I need to learn and if he can heal me. When will it end? All of this makes me appreciate good health--I look back to when I played pain-free and wish for it again every day.

If you read this, say a little prayer for me and my foot ;) it's much appreciated. Thank you.

Maybe I can get some sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment